Pamela Hart is highly regarded as
Austin, Texas’ finest jazz vocalist. Noted by Austin Women’s Magazine as
“Austin’s First Lady of Jazz,” audiences rave about Pamela’s excellent
pitch, clarity and soothing vocal quality. “Her warm, clear tones and
meticulously controlled pitch carry an illusion of effortlessness”--Tribeza
Magazine. Her sultry rendition of classic jazz standards and
contemporary music wins immediate acceptance by any audience. Born in
Los Angeles, California, Pamela moved to Austin, Texas in 1982.
In addition to regular appearances at
Austin clubs, restaurants, live music broadcasts, weddings,
banquets/parties and festivals, Pamela and her husband Kevin Hart have
produced (and she has performed in) the semi-annual Women in Jazz
Concert Series—the greatest events for female jazz musicians in
Texas—1994 through 2013. The series also includes a Vocal Performance
Workshop where Pamela and other professional vocalists and musicians
share performance techniques, communicating with musicians and many
other aspects of jazz singing.
Throughout her singing career, Pamela
has repeatedly opened shows for, and shared stages with, many popular
artists including Miss Nancy Wilson (2000, 2001); David ‘Fathead’ Newman
(1997, 2008); Dianne Reeves (1999, 2001); Kirk Whalum (1998); Rachelle
Ferrell (2005); Patrice Rushen with Teri Lyn Carrington (2007); Joyce
Cooling, Pamela Williams, Althea Rene (2009); Norman Brown and Richard
Elliot (2011); Bobbi Humphrey (2012)
In addition to regular appearances in
local venues, live music broadcasts, weddings, and banquets, Pamela and
her husband Kevin Hart have produced (and she performed in) the annual
Women in Jazz Concert Series in Austin, 1994-2013.
- April 2013 (a repeat concert performance), Pamela Hart performed with "Jazz in Pink" featuring international stars, Karen Briggs, Gail Jhonson, Althea Rene, Darlene Moreno, Vivi Rama, & Danielle 'Pocket' Brown, at the Stateside Paramount Theatre in Austin, TX.
- In February 2013, Pamela Hart will be featured in the Women in Jazz Concert: "Sassy", A Tribute to Sarah Vaughn.
- April 2012, Pamela Hart performed in "Ladies of Jazz in Pink" concert featuring international stars, Karen Briggs, Gail Jhonson, Althea Rene, Darlene Moreno, Robin Bramlett, & Danielle 'Pocket' Brown, at the Stateside Paramount Theatre in Austin, TX.
- July 23, 2011, Pamela Hart performed in "Summer Jam featuring international stars, Norman Brown and Richard Elliot", at the Paramount Theatre in Austin, TX, along with saxophonist Charmine Greene featuring the Fredrick Sanders Band.
- August 15, 2010, Pamela Hart performed in "It's Ella: A Tribute to Ella Fitzgerald" at the One World Theatre in Austin, TX, along with Karan Chavis, Willie Nicholson, Shenice McKissick and the William Menefield Band featuring Mike Malone.
- June 13, 2010, Pamela Hart performed in "Lady Day: A Tribute to Billie Holiday" at the One World Theatre in Austin, TX, with the James Polk Sextet.
- June 2009, Pamela Hart performed in the "Sax, Strings, & Scats Concert", which also featured Joyce Cooling, Pamela Williams, and Althea Rene.
- June 2008, Pamela was featured in A Tribute to Damita Jo DeBlanc, a crowd-pleasing performance.
- May 2004, Pamela performed in another solo concert The Great American Songbook.
- May 2003 the Women in Jazz concert consisted of a solo performance by Pamela Hart of Blue Gardenia: A Tribute to Billie Holiday. In addition to singing an outstanding tribute to Billie Holiday, Pamela had them on their feet again in Encore Performances in September 2003.
- November 2008, Pamela opened the Jazz at St James’ Concert Series for David ‘Fathead’ Newman, and had the audience raving after her performance, including a standing ovation after she sang “Angelitos Negros” in Spanish.
- July 2001, Pamela completed a
European jazz festival tour, including the Montreaux, Vienne, and Juan
des Pins Jazz festivals, with the Texas State University Jazz Band,
directed by the legendary Dr. James Polk.
Pamela became a usual IAJE attendee
and performer with the African American Jazz Caucus Band in New York
City, Long Beach, CA, and Toronto, Canada. Earlier in her career, Pamela
completed European jazz festival tours including the Montreaux, Vienne,
and Juan des Pins Jazz festivals, with the Texas State University Jazz
Band, directed by the legendary Dr. James Polk.
With her performances, the Women in
Jazz Concerts and Vocal Performance Workshops, Pamela is making a
difference in the jazz scene in Austin. Her debut CD, “May I Come In?”
released under the HartBeat Productions label was reviewed in the June
1999 JAZZIZ Magazine. In addition, Ever Blue, a track from the CD is
included on the JAZZIZ June 1999 CD and "What Are You Doing the Rest of
Your Life?" on the July 2000 CD. She is currently recording her next CD
project to be released soon.
Pamela Hart is a beautiful woman who
steals the heart of any jazz aficionado. Be prepared to shout “encore!”
You can learn more about Pamela by visiting her web sites at:
Pamela Hart Videos on YouTube.com
Pamela Hart - Lead Vocals
James Polk - Piano
Aaron Allen - Bass
Kevin Scott - Drums
Mike Malone - Sax
Jake Langley - Guitar
"May I Come In?" HartBeat - 1998 - (full CD)
"Pamela Hart In-Context" - PBS TV 2009 DVD
"Pamela Hart Live on Smooth" - ME TV 2008 DVD
"Pamela Hart Live - Great American Songbook 2004 HartBeat/AMN
"Merry Christmas" - 4-song Demo - HartBeat 2005
"The Sweetest Sound" 4-Song Demo- HartBeat 2004
"Women in Jazz" - Compilation CD - Jazziz 2000
"I'll Be Home For Kwanzaa - Compilation CD (Bagel Label) 1997
"Songs from the Hart" - 4-song Demo - (Hartbeat)
READ a few of Pamela's Press Reviews and Interviews at: pamelahart.com/press.htm
Discography: "May I Come In". It's HOT! --
-- Order it now online from:
-- Video: See Videos Clips/Samples
||site design created by dmgaustin|